Real Teen Checking Account: Empowering Teens with Financial Independence!
Accounts tailored for teens ages 13-18*
At CTCU, we understand the importance of building financial independence and responsibility for a teenager. A CTCU REAL Teen Checking Account is a great first checking account. There are no checks to buy – you access your money with a REAL debit card that you can use at ATMs and anywhere Mastercard® is accepted. It’s faster and safer than using cash.
*At the time of opening, you must be at least 13 years old and not older than 18 years old. Upon reaching the age of 19, you will be automatically switched to an age-appropriate checking account. You are required to enroll in online banking, including E-statements (electronic statements.) You will not receive paper statements. You will be issued a debit card. You will not be issued paper checks. You are not allowed to obtain checks for this account, nor are you allowed to write checks against this account. Use of this account is restricted to the primary account holder, who must be under the age of 19.
Our CTCU REAL Teen Checking account offers convenience, flexibility, and valuable financial tools like these:
Perks for teens
- No minimum deposit
- No monthly fees
- Access to 30,000+ Surcharge-Free ATMs
- MasterCard® Debit Card that can be used nationwide with 24/7 fraud monitoring and zero liability protection.
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free eStatements, emails, and text alerts (required with this account)
- Deposit checks using your mobile app.
- Quick access to your paycheck when you set up direct deposit.
Perks for parents
- Automatic notifications sent via text alert to parents if account reaches a predetermined balance.
- Ability to set up automatic allowance.
- Opportunity to monitor and view all spending.
- Ability to transfer money between parent and teen’s account.
- Options that allow parents to control daily spending limits.
- Optional Overdraft Protection from a parent’s or guardian’s CTCU savings account.**
Open a Real Teen Account Today!
Experience the benefits of your teen managing their own money while receiving the guidance and support to make informed financial decisions. Contact us by visiting us in-branch, emailing email@example.com, or calling 903-561-2603 to open a REAL Teen Checking account today!
Get unlimited account access with online banking
Pay bills, transfer funds, monitor activity and so much more.Learn more about Online Banking today